Program Assistant Internship – Northeast Business Group on Health
Northeast Business Group on Health, a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization, is one of the nation’s most active and influential healthcare-focused business coalitions, with more than 200-member employer organizations, health plans, providers, consultants, pharmaceutical companies and other stakeholders. The coalition’s mission is to drive improvements in healthcare services and quality, while reducing costs.
Northeast Business Group on Health (NEBGH) offers a membership development and program assistant internship, effective immediately. This internship is a unique opportunity to:
- Gain hands-on development and event planning experience at a rapidly growing non-profit organization;
- Learn about public/population health and employee benefit issues;
- Meet and network with influential stakeholders in the healthcare industry, including providers, insurers, and pharmaceutical companies
Hours: Flexible, depending on school schedule
Timeframe: May – Mid August
Compensation: Summer stipend
- Work with Program Directors to research, plan and implement educational programs in New York and New Jersey.
- Assist Director of Membership and Director of Programs to manage two projects:
- Annual member engagement survey of member benefits executives (includes synthesizing results and compiling testimonials for marketing use) and
- 2021 vendor survey to identify strategic vendor partnerships
- Perform personalized outreach to potential event attendees.
- Handle event planning administrative tasks and logistics.
- Perform preliminary research on prospective members.
- Attend any/all programs.
Requirements: Undergraduate or graduate student with background and interest in at least one of the following: event planning and administration, non-profit development, healthcare, and/or public health. NEBGH is looking for a candidate who can take initiative; work well alone or with a team; has superior administrative and communication skills and can stay calm under pressure. Experience working in a not-for-profit and with senior management is a plus. Hours will depend on student’s school schedule.
Please forward resume, cover letter, and a short writing sample to: Janaera Gaston at firstname.lastname@example.org – Senior Director of Programs